See photos on Facebook
CAGE-FREE IN-HOME BOARDING
We take the anxiety out of leaving your best friend at a boarding facility or doggie daycare by welcoming them into our home and treating them like a member of our family while you’re away. Your best friend’s daily routine is matched as much as possible and enhanced with regular walks, playtime at local dog parks and lots of love. We take a minimal number of dogs (prefer a maximum of two) so yours will receive all the attention they want and deserve.
We started doing "Bed and Breakfast for dogs" in 2007 to entertain our dog. Our home is occupied by two adults (no kids or other pets) and one male (neutered) Weimaraner. I work from home on a consultant basis and am therefore home throughout most of the day and evening. We regularly enjoy walks around the neighborhood and often meet with local dog groups for additional socialization.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A doggie host (Pluto) who is specifically trained to accept guests into his home. Pluto will down/stay in the middle of a romp session (with doggie guests jumping on his head) to tone things down, will not approach food bowls, will "go to his bed" when guests need private or nap time, etc. He is a certified Service Dog and is in professional training for Search & Rescue.
- We have a 1500 square foot home (3 bed / 2 bath) with a spacious fenced back yard. There is a sliding glass door in both the living room & master bedroom for easy in/out access to the yard
- Regular walks (weather permitting) and / or off leash dog park play-time
- Regular photo updates
- Regular grooming with Pet Head Products - Free wash off and / or baths when dirty from play
- Bring your pet’s favorite bed, toys, crate, etc - we can accommodate most needs
- Conscientious attention to flea, tick and foxtail control
- Non-stress environment for your best friend / Peace of mind for you
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Doggie guests who are social and non-aggressive, not destructive, fully housebroken, do not bark excessively and have an energy level complimentary to our dog, Pluto. Doggie guests who most enjoy their stay with us have an energy level which rotates between play time, nap time, and just hanging out time. If your dog requires all of one (constant play or constant sleep) and is annoyed by dogs who engage in alternate activities, this is likely not the place for you. Please see our Facebook and / or YouTube page for photos and videos of Pluto at play.