PLEASE NOTE: We will be CLOSED from May 23 to June 12. If you are interested in a reservation after that date, feel free to email, text or send in our reservation form -- but please be aware it may be a few days before I'm able to respond. Thanks!
IN HOME BOARDING
We take the anxiety out of leaving your best friend at a boarding facility or doggie daycare by welcoming them into our home and treating them like a member of our family while you’re away. Your best friend’s daily routine is matched as much as possible and enhanced with regular walks, playtime and lots of love. We take a minimal number of dogs so yours will receive all the attention they want and deserve. Most of the dogs who stay here are regulars are have all become good friends.
We started doing "Bed and Breakfast for dogs" in 2007 to entertain our dog. Our home is occupied by two adults (no kids or other pets) and one male (neutered) four year old Weimaraner. We are both self-employed and are therefore often home throughout the day and evening.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A doggie host (Pluto) who is specifically trained to accept guests into his home. Pluto will down/stay in the middle of a romp session (with doggie guests jumping on his head) to tone things down, will not approach food bowls, will "go to his bed" when guests need private or nap time, etc. He has undergone over 50 hours of professional training and 200+ hours of follow-on training.
- We have a 1500 square foot home (3 bed / 2 bath) with a spacious fenced back yard. There is a sliding glass door in both the living room & master bedroom for easy in/out access to the yard. During the Spring and Summer months, we put in a large doggie door for those who wish to use it.
- Regular photo updates
- Regular grooming with Pet Head Products - Free wash off and / or baths when dirty from play
- Bring your pet’s favorite bed, toys, crate, etc - we can accommodate most needs
- Conscientious attention to flea, tick and foxtail control
- Non-stress environment for your best friend / Peace of mind for you
WE ARE CAGE-FREE
We have an XL size crate in our home for doggie guests who are crate trained and parents who don't want to lug a crate back and forth, yet we do not use it unless requested. If your dog decides he'd like to take a nap in the crate (and some do), the door is left open.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Doggie guests who are social and non-aggressive, not destructive, fully housebroken, do not bark excessively and have an energy level complimentary to our dog, Pluto. Doggie guests who most enjoy their stay with us have an energy level which rotates between play time, nap time, and just hanging out time. If your dog requires all of one (constant play or constant sleep) and is annoyed by dogs who engage in alternate activities, this is likely not the place for you. Please see our Facebook and / or YouTube page for photos and videos of Pluto and his friends at play.
- To keep stress at a minimum, we prefer doggie guests whose normal travel arrangements require more than one night's stay. We do our best to foster a "home away from home" environment, where your dog can settle in and enjoy. If they are staying for a week - and a new dog comes and goes each day, they may never fully relax. Therefore, we do our best to keep the "coming and going" at a minimum.
- If you anticipate consistently needing your dog to stay only one night, we prefer to recommend another service for you. Regular guests, of course, are more than welcome to come play for the occasional overnight. We are always thrilled to see you.